Monday, May 23, 2011

Challenge: Books I Should Have Read by Now

So I was thinking to myself that a reading challenge would really hit the spot right about now. I like reading challenges because they help me structure my reading and give me the motivation to read books I've been neglecting. So I googled "reading challenges," thinking that I'd only find ones that started in January and that I probably wouldn't officially join since those are already five months in. Much to my surprise, I found this one that looks perfect for me and isn't starting until June 1! It's hosted by Gabriel Reads and I'm joining at the Voracious Reader level (three books/month).

In June, I plan to read The Pickwick Papers, which I've started a couple times but haven't finished; Lady Susan, The Watsons, and Sanditon by Jane Austen; and Lost Illusions by Balzac.

I'm thinking about some Margaret Atwood, Edith Wharton, Josephine Tey, Anthony Trollope, and Anthony Powell for the rest of the year, among others. I'll need to peruse my bookshelves....

No comments:

Post a Comment