Monday, May 23, 2011

Library Monday

On my weekly trip to the library, I picked up these books:


When We Were Strangers by Pamela Schoenewaldt, Early Novels and Stories by William Maxwell, Novels 1926-1929 by William Faulkner, The Long Song by Andrea Levy, and The War for Late Night by Bill Carter. I picked up the Faulkner because, as I mentioned in this post, I saw so many people comparing Jon Clinch's Finn to his early novels; and the Bill Carter book because my husband may be the world's biggest Conan O'Brien fan so I was, by association, very absorbed in the NBC late-night fiasco a year and a half ago.

I'm currently reading Berlin Noir from my previous trip to the library. It's three novels in one volume and I'm about  the first novel, but so far it's pretty good. It's an appropriate follow-up to In the Garden of the Beasts because it takes place in Berlin during roughly the same time frame, so I'm picking up on more of the cultural references than I would have if I hadn't read it first.

No comments:

Post a Comment