Wednesday, May 18, 2011

New Books!

Something arrived for me in the mail today:

One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong....


I usually buy books for one of two reasons: either it's a really big book and the library only has a hardcover edition, which is too uncomfortable for me to hold; or the library doesn't carry the book. Three of these books fall into the first category and one falls into the second. Also, I was persuaded to buy the rest of the Song of Fire and Ice series, at least the ones that are available in paperback, because of a promotion (I already own the first one).

The Rothfuss and Jenkins books have joined my collection because they were recommended by people whose taste I trust. There are a few people out there who can recommend a book and I'll be 95% sure that I'll love it.


Isn't that a pretty cover? Plus this edition has an introduction by Hilary Mantel!

No comments:

Post a Comment