Monday, June 27, 2011

After a week in DC followed by the most frustrating airport experience I have ever had; and THEN wiping out yesterday while testing out the new clipless pedals on my bike, injuring my elbow, knee, and back; I'm not in the mood to push myself to finish anything even remotely challenging before the end of June. I am in the middle of The Charming Quirks of Others, which is soothing--just what I need--and qualifies as a book I should have read by now. I tend to let my Alexander McCall Smiths pile up because I hate the idea of not having one waiting in the wings, but right now I have about half a dozen waiting in the wings so it's time to start catching up.

So I've not doubt that will be my next Books I Should Have Read by Now Challenge book, followed by something else short and easy that's been sitting on my shelf for awhile (I have no shortage of those). I'm also working through my giant pile of library books; along with The Charming Quirks of Others I'm also working on Mrs. Tim Gets a Job by DE Stevenson--also a soothing read.

If I can get some reviews written, I should have a little more content posted in the next few days. I'm also planning a post about the new-to-me books I picked up at some of my favorite used bookstores in DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment