Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I've had some opportunities to spend time at the library lately and have binged on book checkouts. I went from having six books checked out to 31 in the space of about a week and a half. I figure I'm just helping my local library with their circulation stats. Here's the list of books I currently have checked out (no links this time because it's too overwhelming):
  • 22 Brittania Road, Amanda Hodgkinson
  • Arrogance and Power: The Saga of WOI-TV, Neil E. Harl
  • The Artist's Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity, Julia Cameron
  • Atlantic: The Biography of an Ocean, Simon Winchester
  • The Druggist of Auschwitz: A Documentary Novel, Dieter Schlesak
  • Early Novels and Stories, William Maxwell
  • Elsie and Mairie Go to War: Two Extraordinary Women on the Western Front, Diane Atkinson
  • Franklin & Winston: An Intimate Portrait of an Epic Friendship, Jon Meacham
  • Georgia: Off the Beaten Path: A Guide to Unique Places, William Schemmel
  • Hector and the Search for Happiness, François Lelord
  • House Arrest, Ellen Meeropol
  • Hygiene and the Assassin, Amélie Nothomb
  • Insiders' Guide to Savannah and Hilton Head, Rich Wittish
  • Instrument of Darkness, Imogen Robertson
  • The King's Speech, Mark Logue
  • Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil: A Story of Savannah, John Berendt
  • Mrs. Tim Flies Home, D.E. Stevenson
  • Mrs. Tim Gets a Job, D.E. Stevenson
  • Nora, Nora, Anne Rivers Siddons
  • One of Our Thursdays is Missing, Jasper Fforde
  • Peachtree Road, Anne Rivers Siddons
  • The Reading Promise: My Father and the Books We Shared, Alice Ozma
  • Savannah, Eugenia Price
  • Secrets of the White Rose, Stefanie Pintoff
  • The Sisters Brothers, Patrick deWitt
  • State of Wonder, Ann Pathett
  • The Terrible Privacy of Maxwell Sim, Jonathan Coe
  • The Tragedy of Arthur, Arthur Phillips
  • Travels in Siberia, Ian Frazier
  • Under the Harrow, Mark Dunn
  • The War for Late Night: When Leno Went Early and Television Went Crazy, Bill Carter
I also have 17 books on hold. Clearly, I will not actually be able to read all of these in the allotted time. But binges in the library are a lot easier on the checking account than binges in the bookstore! You may also be able to tell from this list that we're planning a trip to Georgia later this year.

I'm still reading two books for the the Books I Should Have Read by Now Challenge: Citizens of London and Evelina. I'm also working on The Reading Promise from my library list and just finished Ralph Keyes' The Courage to Write: How Writers Transcend Fear, which I highly recommend to writers and readers who are looking for a reason to appreciate their favorite authors even more.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment